|Number of players||3|
|Team or Individual play||Individual|
- Triples is a very simple golf game for three players.
- Each player earns a specific number of points based on their score for each hole. This is how points are awarded:
- The player with the best or lowest score gets 6 points
- The player with the middle score gets 4 points
- The player with the worst score gets 2 points.
- All three players add the accumulated points throughout the round, and the player with the most points wins the game.
- In case of a tie, the points are added together and then divided by the number of players who are tied. For example, Player A scores 2, Player B scores 4, and Player C also scores 2 on Hole 1. Since Player B has the highest score, they get 2 points. Since Players A and B are tied for the 6 and 4 points, the points are added together and then divided by the number of players i.e., 2.
6 + 4 = 10 / 2 = 5
So, both Player A and Player B get 5 points.
- If all three players tie on a hole, then,
6 + 4 +2 = 12 / 3 = 4
So, each player gets 4 points.
The Triples game may or may not be played as a betting game. There are two options for a betting game:
- All three players can put an agreed-upon amount into the pot at the start of the game, say $2 or $5. The player with the most points at the end of the round wins the pot.
Each point can be worth a monetary value, e.g., $1, and the point differences between each player can be paid out at the end of the round.