|Alias||Speed Hole, Extreme Golf, Fast Golf, Hit and Run Golf, Fitness Golf|
|Number of players||2, 3, 4+|
|Team or Individual play||Individual|
- Speed Golf is played like a normal game of golf with a few minor changes. It gets its name from the fact apart from strokes played, scores also depend on the time taken to complete the round.
- The objective of the game is to complete the round with the fewest number of strokes and the fastest possible time.
- A maximum of 14 clubs are allowed in this game, but since caddies aren’t allowed and players have to carry their own clubs, they usually only use 4 to 7 clubs for this game.
- Players are not allowed to use any kind of wheeled or powered transport but are allowed to wear running shoes.
- Players are allowed to putt with the flagstick placed in the hole.
- The total score is determined based on the number of strokes and the total time elapsed. For example, if a player scores a 92 in 44 minutes and 22 seconds, the score comes out to 136:32. If another player scores a 92 in 40 minutes and 6 seconds, their total score is 132:06, and they win the game.
- Seconds are also important as they are used to break tying scores.
Speed Golf offers different options for certain conditions, such as when the ball is lost, out of bounds, or in an unplayable position.
- If a ball gets lost, the player has three options: replay the shot, drop another ball within two club-lengths of where the lost ball is assumed to have come to rest, or drop the ball along the line of flight of the previous shot.
- If the ball is placed in an undesirable/unplayable position, a player can choose to replay the shot, drop the ball within two club-lengths from where the ball came to rest, or drop the ball along the line of flight of the previous shot under penalty of one stroke.
- If the ball is out of bounds, the player again has three options: replay the shot, drop the ball within two club-lengths of where the ball crossed the out of bounds line, or drop the ball along the line of flight of the previous shot.