|Alias||Chasing the Bear, Capture the Bear|
|Number of players||2,3,4|
|Team or Individual play||Team|
- In Shamble, all players of a team tee off, and then the best tee shot among all players is selected. The players then move their balls to that spot and play their own balls. Then, the best drive after the second stroke is selected, and all players move their balls to that spot and play from there. This process continues until the hole is completed.
- The Shamble tournament starts off as a scramble off the tee and then shifts to regular stroke play.
For every hole, there are multiple scores. There are different ways of scoring in Shamble, which are decided by the tournament organizers. Some common ways include:
- The low ball for a hole is considered the team score for that hole.
- The two best or three best ball scores might be combined to produce the team score.
- The lowest and highest score of a team can be combined to determine the team score.
- The scores other than the best and worst ball are combined to determine the team score.