|Alias||Mix and Max|
|Number of players||2, 4|
|Team or Individual play||Team|
- Ransom is played in teams of two players.
- The 18-hole round is divided into three 6-hole rounds.
- In the first round, the combined score of the two players for a hole determines the team score for that hole.
- In the second round, the teams play best ball, and the best score determines the winner for that round.
- In the final round, the teams play alternate shots and play to win each hole.
- The team scores are counted, and at the end of the game, the losing team owes the winning team a pre-determined amount of money.