|Number of players||5|
|Team or Individual play||Team|
- Named after the world-renowned golf course architect Perry Maxwell, the Maxwell Tournament is meant to be played by teams of five players.
- In this game, each player of a team plays their own ball throughout the game.
- On every hole, only the four best scores are combined to determine the team score for that hole, while the worst score is thrown out. So, the final team score is the combined total of the other four scores in relation to par.
- For example, if the players of Team 1 score 3, 4, 5, 5, and 6 on a par four hole, then the 6 is discarded, and the team score for that hole is +1 (-1 for the birdie, 0 for the par, and +1 for each bogey).
- The team with the highest score at the end of the round wins the tournament.