|Number of players||2, 3, 4+|
|Team or Individual play||Individual|
- As the name suggests, Best Drive is a side bet that is all about hitting the best tee shot on a hole.
- The best drive side bet can be used in any game of any format with individual players.
- The player in a group whose drive is on the fairway closest to the hole wins the bet on that hole.
- The bet may be worth a set amount of money or points. Usually, the bet amount or points also increase as the number of holes increases.
- Since the ball needs to land on the fairway in order to win the best drive bet, the bet can only be placed on driving holes, not par-3 holes.
- Similarly, being closest to the hole doesn’t always mean the longest drive. For example, the best drive can sometimes be the longest drive on the fairway, or it can sometimes be shorter than another shot but closer to the flagstick.