|Alias||4-Points Game, 4-Point Game|
|Number of players||4|
|Team or Individual play||Team|
- 2-1-1 is a simple golf game meant for two teams of two. It gets its name from the fact that there are 4 points to be won on each hole for different accomplishments.
- The points are awarded as follows:
- 2 points for the better low ball of the two teams
- 1 point for the better high ball of the two teams
- 1 point for the team with the lowest team score
- The team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
- Consider two teams – Team 1 consisting of Players A and B, and Team 2, consisting of Players C and D.
- The scores of the players on the first hole are 3, 7, 4, and 6, respectively.
- 2 points: The low balls on each team are Player A’s 3 and Player C’s 4. Player A’s score is lower than Player C’s, and so Team 1 gets 2 points.
- 1 point: The two high balls on both sides are Player B’s 7 and Player D’s 6. Player D’s score is better than Player B’s, and so Team 2 wins 1 point.
- 1 point: In this case, both teams’ total score is 10, i.e., a tie. In case of a tie, the 1 point goes unawarded.